Freeform's Collection of Bits
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
 
What do I want?
Had dinner with a friend. In conversation we were discussing various things, and my (probably chief) failing was mentioned. I live in the past too much.

I realize this, and have known this for the past year or so. But I got to wondering about exactly when I started thinking more about my life that was, than my life that is.

It's not like I don't have lots of things to be happy for. I have my own company that is doing well, I have a son, who is healthy, a beautiful wife, who is now a doctor (of Psychology). Overall a bright, near term, future.

Which lead me to start thinking about what I keep yearning for in my past. The only conclusion I can reach is that I miss the financial stability of my old job at UBS/PainWebber. Which, I ironically left because I wasn't happy with the corporate structure and general corporate BS (present at all companies who employ more than 1 person). That corporate stuff is the same thing that provided the financial stability that I now want.

Go figure.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger